Communist Bucharest TourThe dark night of the Romanian soul! Book now!
HORROR, DESTRUCTION AND REDEMPTION
- Revolution square and University Square – the starting point of democracy in Romania
- Communist Party’s headquarters and the Memorial of Rebirth
- Small but really beautiful churches hidden behind standardized apartment blocks
- Antim Monastery built at the beginning of the XVIIIth century by Antim Ivireanul
- Palace of the Parliament – second largest building in the world (after the Pentagon)
- Mitropolie Hill – the residence of the Romanian Ortodox Patriarch
Bucharest and Romania were under Communist rule for nearly half a century but few people remember nowadays the grim reality of the 80s, with people waiting in a queue for almost any basic food product or groceries, or the forced pro-natalist policies meant to increase the birthrate in Romania.
Join the Communist Bucharest Tour and you will find out real stories about Ceau?ima – one of the largest peacetime urban destructions at the hands of humans in recorded history – uncover the amazing story of small churches hidden from view behind standardized apartment blocks. After this tour, you will understand why communism has brought a nation to its knees and why the porridge finally exploded in the 1989 revolution.
Carol I Statue, Revolution Square
- Transportation by car (max 4 people)
What’s Not Included
- Museum entrance tickets
- Food or snacks
Carol I Statue, Piata Revolutiei
Groups of 1-2 people
Fixed price per tour: 90 €
Groups of 3-4 people
Price per person: 40 €
The best way to experience a city is to have local friends guiding you. You’ll have their full attention, they’ll take their time to accommodate your pace and answer all your questions. Prepare for a very nice, pleasant and intimate experience.