Street Food'n'Culture TourYummy! Food for thought and for the tummy! Book now!
Street Food’n’Culture Tour
- Hanul lui Manuc – the last caravanserai in South Eastern Europe
- Try some cheese pastry and the most popular pretzels
- Walk down the cobblestone street Lipscani, the commercial heart of the old city and taste some former communist ‘delicacies’
- Visit the most famous Romanian restaurant in downtown Bucharest and have a glass of mint lemonade
- Enjoy the most delicious Romanian zacusca and a selection of local cheeses and cold meats
- Try the best eclairs in Bucharest
- Enjoy slow cooked food with the best seasonal ingredients
Discover Romanians’ joie de vivre and their cuisine – this super-tasty hotchpotch with Balkan, Ottoman, French and Russian influences through our special culinary tour.
This is an unconventional tour that will demonstrate how easy it is to get a little bite of something
delicious from the streets of Bucharest.
While having a pleasant walk through central Bucharest boulevards and side streets, your guide will tell you the story of hidden and traditional pastry shops and fast food booths, along with a general introduction about cultural objectives and sites. There will be special stops at bakeries and old-style grocery shops with delicious souvenirs to bring home to your family and friends. We have a lot of special stories to tell and we bet you’ve never tried some of the dishes we get on the go from our very talented street-food chef.
Four and a half hours
In front of Hotel Sheraton, Calea Dorobanti 5-7
- 7 tastings of dishes and sweets that highlight culinary trends in Bucharest
- 6 venues
- 2 tastings of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- complimentary coffee and tea
- insider tips on restaurants and places that locals like to visit
What’s Not Included
- entrance tickets for the Romanian Athenaeum, museums etc
- gratuities for the guide
- additional beverages, cocktails etc.
Locations and content of the tour may vary according to weather and venue availability
Hotel Sheraton, Calea Dorobanti 5-7
Best In Bucharest
Bucharest highlights through a rose glass (wine or beer). All you need to know and more. History, architecture, stories told by a local friend with stops in all kinds of yummy places.
Yummy, finger-licking-good food
You will taste the local food. The tour price covers a selection of cold starters and local cheeses to die for, street food made in heaven and local snacks along the way.
Drinks for the thirsty
A glass of local wine or beer for the ones who love to walk on clouds. A lemonade for the others.
Groups of 1-2 people
Fixed price per tour: 120 €
Groups of more than 3 people
Price per person: 59 €
The best way to experience a city is to have local friends guiding you. You’ll have their full attention, they’ll take their time to accommodate your pace and answer all your questions. Prepare for a very nice, pleasant and intimate experience.